Skip to content

Feedback & Ideas

Dear Lifesummer,

This is "the" place where you can submit suggestions for new features or suggestions for improvement for the Lifesum app.

Has another user already suggested your idea? Vote it up so it gets more attention, as this will help us prioritize!

Rules:

- Please only post suggestions/ ideas in English - that way everybody can read and understand your submission 

- Please browse through existing ideas before posting a new one in order to avoid duplicates

- Please do not contact us on this forum in case of technical or payment issues - instead, contact us through the app via https://lifesum.com/deep/settings?page=support. This is the quickest way to get help from our support.

Thank you very much!

We’re looking forward to your feedback!

Best,
Lifesum

55 results found

1. Improve categories in Create Food section

Improve the categories listed in Create Food to be able to upload a meal that is NOT a ready meal.
    Or, reconfigure the create recipe function to make it easier to actually add in custom recipes and portion sizes.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Substitute Directly in Recipe Allergies

Hi! I have additional food allergies that show up a lot as a vegetarian (i am allergic to chickpeas, sesame and Specific Nuts, not all nuts.) I would like to be able to filter it out or substitute directly in recipe with updated nutrition stats, or even suggested allergy informed replacements :)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. User defined defaults: Optimize process for entering food items from database

It takes too many clicks to enter data!

When entering a food item you first have to scan or search for it, then you choose number of units and then the unit type (if you are not so lucky that the person who entered this particular food item in the first place is or could have been yourself). Example: When I scan my favorite food, the default is 1 unit of 100 ml. Then I have to enter the number of grams I want, and then try to find grams in the abundance of units (10) which has been entered…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Smart favorite

Related to https://lifesum.uservoice.com/forums/274566-feedback-ideas/suggestions/44844661-favorite-meal-bookmarks The favorites list should be organized automatically accounting for context.

For example:
    I rarely eat a protein bar as a meal but I frequently eat one as a snack. But whatever the current organization is means my protein bar is far down the list which is highly inconvenient.

The app should count how often a given food favorite (or any food really in a users general search results) is added to a given meal time or snack and float the most likely to the top given the meal category.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Nutri-Scores to Food

It would be great to add Nutri-Scores to food in addition to the scores given by Lifesum. It is nice to have the scores aligned with international standards that are present on more and more packaging these days.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. highlight missing nutrition information

to tranform "grey" food into food with complete nutrition information it would be helpful to highlight the missing or wrong categories.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More options for measurement units and automatic conversion

Some food in the database come in different measurement units than others. Sometimes the entry is not validated (the little blue checkmark is not there), but at least for the food that has been validated in the DB, it would be very useful to get an automatic unit conversion combined with more mass and volume options in the dropdown menu. Usually a base portion is associated with a corresponding GRAMS and TBSP or CUPS measurement so this seems to me pretty simple to implement with the rule of three.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync Lifesum with popular recipe sites that have already calculated nutritional information

If find it so helpful if I could directly link a meal to a recipe I have followed from BBC Good Food. I’m sure there are other websites that are also popular.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bevarage tracker

Hi. I just have a question, because haven't found such a function. Maybe there is a separate coffee/tea tracker (similar to one there is now water)? Because it also influences the water balance as well and would be easier to track. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Database Search Filter

Search filter by ingredient, brand, food type and meal plan.

Additional more detailed Macro search could be to filter out foods that has a certain nutrition per portion, example low carb there you want to be under 6g/100 gram.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adjust the counted carbs for Erythritol

Even though erythritol doesn't have a chance to "metabolize" -- turn into energy in your body, the carbs are being counted. This means that we end up with more net carbs being counted than our bodies are actually getting.

Nutrition facts
    Erythritol (1 serving) contains 4g total carbs, 0g net carbs, 0g fat, 0g protein, and 2 calories.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Personal Food Creation

Why can’t I create my own foods without needing a barcode that is locked to your inaccurate database?

I have ingredients that I want to add specific accurate values for, like boiled red lentils, which I cannot add because you demand a barcode. The verified “Red Lentils” in your database has ridiculously high values.

Also, your database makes creating meals impossible because I can’t simply add my own ingredients and the final result is a meal that doesn’t exist in reality.

This is the only reason why I bought an annual subscription. I thought this feature was included.

Please explain…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Search by Brand/Store/Company

Search for foods made by certain brands and stores. A filter to find items quicker when typing them in or to show all belong foods when not.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Food Types and Categories

Foods should be organized by type for easier searching for them and making meals. Types such as Meat, Chicken, Vegetable, Fruit, Nuts, Diary etc. Some foods could have their own tags such as Yoghurt and Cheese, Sasauge or Fast Foods.

A search filter there you could checkmark and lookup fitting foods, easier to find ingredients and exclude certain foods.

Filters would make it easy to find foods for meal plans. Add icons to display what a food item contain, such as a steak and fry symbol.

Groups by Appliance or Cooking method, such as Air Fry, Oven, Bake, BBQ, Slow…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add gastroparesis diet to 'food preferences, and high fibre and high fat to 'allergies'.

People who have to be on the gastroparesis diet need to have a low fibre, low fat diet which means that they can't have wholemeal/brown carbs, vegan protein sources, and a lot of vegetables and fruit. This diet should be considered as these people should be accessible to people who have different diets, especially if it's not a choice.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Phytonutrients and Antioxidants to food profiles and tracking totals

Antioxidants and Phytonutrients are just as important as vitamins and minerals in the food that one chooses to improve overall health and quality of life yet they continue to be undervalued by nutritional profiles. Adding this valuable information to Lifesum would give you an edge over the competition and benefit your users/clients immensely.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dropdown menue

Hi Lifesum-Team

I often eat the same meal i ate the evening for the next day at 12 o'clock. But so i have to saerch it in the list of the already tracked meals. This is normally in the middle of a large list and can not be found very easy. Why is it not possible to make a dropdown with "same as yesterday" and "last tracked meals". So it would be easier to find the meals and its easy to install.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show carbs in food in overview

Could you please add the carbs for each food in the same way that now, you show the calories and the weight for each food.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Put the barcode scanner on the left side as well for us left handed users please!

The scanner is on the top right of the screen and it's a pain for us left handers to get to. Maybe add another scan button on the left side as well?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base